Ringsfield Hall 15th Feb 2013

Today's Everest
Accompanied by frantic birdsong and bright sunshine I was back at Ringsfield Hall today, along with 10 raspberry canes, 7 gooseberries & blackberries, 5 redcurrants, 3 rhubarb crowns, 2 blackcurrants, a tayberry and a loganberry. 

My aim - to dig over a patch to put in the bare root fruit bushes. I also needed to find to locate places for the other fruit which would be dotted around the site for foraging. 

As I began to dig, it dawned on me that I might not achieve the first task, let alone the second; the soil was pretty heavy and, although it had been a bed sometime ago, it was now covered with a dense mat of creeping buttercup and couch grass.

The result of my hard work wasn't all that apparent at the end of the day. Still, doing a good job now is much better than trying to weed round the fruit bushes.



Hard days work and I got this far!
On a more positive note, the onions and garlic are all coming up, as are nearly all the broad beans - and I thought I would have to plant more!

Despite my concerns the broad beans look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment